Travel Better Promotional Tools
Demonstrate that you’re committed to helping travelers and consumers make better travel decisions that create positive impact in destinations around the world. Spread the word and invite your audiences to join Travel Better!
Example Facebook Posts
Full Length Post:
Want to be part of a global community of passionate travelers committed to making a difference? We’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Sustainable Travel International to give you complimentary membership in the Travel Better Club, an online community and interactive training course for travelers just like YOU who want to positively impact the people and places you visit. Join the club to share your experiences with like-minded travelers, get tips and advice, receive special travel benefits, and enjoy more rewarding travel experiences!
Enrolling in the club is easy and free! To get started, simply register at http://travelbetterclub.org and enter coupon code “iTravelBetter” to waive the enrollment fee!
Join a community of travelers committed to making a difference! We’ve partnered with Sustainable Travel International to give you complimentary membership in the Travel Better Club. Share your experiences, learn what it means to travel sustainably and gain access to exclusive travel benefits! To sign up for the Travel Better Club for FREE ($25 value), visit http://travelbetterclub.org and enter coupon code “iTravelBetter”
How do the choices you make when traveling, from the items you pack to the souvenirs you buy, affect local people, environments, and cultures? Learn about all this and more when you join the Travel Better Club. We’ve partnered with Sustainable Travel International to provide you complimentary membership ($25 value)! To register for FREE, visit http://travelbetterclub.org and enter coupon code “iTravelBetter”
Embark on an interactive journey! Join Sustainable Travel International’s “Travel Better Club” and access an online 30 minute training course to learn how you can positively impact the people and places you visit. You’ll also gain access to exclusive travel benefits including discounts on tours, hotels, gear, and more! To get started, visit http://travelbetterclub.org and enter coupon code “iTravelBetter” to register for FREE ($25 value).
Include these images in your Travel Better Facebook posts. To save, right-click on the image and select “Save image as…”
Learn how you can make responsible choices when traveling. Use code “iTravelBetter” to join #TravelBetter for free http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Embark on an interactive journey and #TravelBetter. Use code “iTravelBetter” for free access http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Join a community of passionate travelers & make a difference! Sign up for #TravelBetter Club at http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Join #TravelBetter Club to start benefitting more from your #travel choices and make a difference in the process http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Learn how to make more responsible travel decisions & access exclusive travel benefits via @STI_Travel #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Learn how your #travel decisions can change lives & protect places. Join #TravelBetter for FREE http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Every trip is an opportunity to improve someone’s life! Join #TravelBetter to start making an impact http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Make a difference + access special travel benefits! Join the movement to #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Get sustainable travel tips & exchange experiences with like-minded travelers! Join the movement to #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
1.2 billion travelers a year = 1.2 billion opportunities for global good. Join the movement to #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Turn your travels into a force for community development and conservation. Join the movement to #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Travel industry coming together to help travelers positively impact the people & places they visit #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Join other industry leaders to help grow a community of travelers committed to making a difference via #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Support @STI_Travel’s mission to make it easier to #TravelBetter. Join this global effort and help spread the word! http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Join the movement to educate & empower travelers to #TravelBetter http://bit.ly/T2mBiPx6
Include these images in your Travel Better Twitter posts. To save, right-click on the image and select “Save image as…”
- Example traveler/consumer-facing messaging
- Example industry/business-facing messaging
- Email header images
Example Traveler/Consumer-Facing Email Messaging
Subject Line: Join a global community of travelers committed to making a difference
Join the Travel Better Club to Share Experiences, Learn How to Travel More Sustainably, and Gain Exclusive Benefits
One of the most remarkable aspects of travel is that each new adventure represents an opportunity to positively impact the people and environments in the places you visit. We know that travelers want to make a difference during their travels, but we also realize that it can sometimes be difficult to know what the best travel choices are.
That’s why we’ve partnered with Sustainable Travel International to give you complimentary membership in the Travel Better Club. This online community and interactive training course is for travelers just like YOU who want to share travel experiences, exchange sustainable travel tips and ideas, and learn how to travel better. Club members also receive special benefits, including discounts on tours, hotels, travel gear, passport processing, and more!
Enrolling in the club is easy and free! Here’s how to get started:
- Head over to travelbetterclub.org
- Fill out the registration form. To waive the enrollment fee, just enter the coupon code “iTravelBetter”
- Once you’ve registered, you’ll automatically receive access to a 30 minute online training course, Travel Better Club Facebook group, exclusive travel benefits, and additional sustainable travel advice!
We hope your Travel Better journey leaves you feeling empowered and inspired to take action and share your travel experiences with others!
Example Industry/Business-Facing Email Messaging
Subject Line: Provide travelers with the knowledge and tools they need to be a force for good
Over 1 billion people travel each year…
What if we could turn this into 1 billion opportunities for global good?
One of the most remarkable aspects of travel is that each new adventure represents an opportunity to help people and places all around the globe. We know that travelers want to make a difference during their journeys, but knowing where to begin can be a challenge.
That’s why we’re supporting Travel Better, an initiative launched by global NGO Sustainable Travel International during the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development. Designed to educate, empower, and inspire travelers, Travel Better consists of an online community and training course that allows travelers to share experiences, exchange tips and ideas, and learn how to make more sustainable travel choices.
Getting involved in Travel Better is easy!
Here’s how your business can join the global effort and help build a community of travelers committed to making a difference:
- Invite your customers to get involved in Travel Better for free. The Travel Better Promotional Toolkit includes suggested messaging, coupon codes so that your customers can join for free, shareable graphics, and other resources to help you spread the word!
- Reach an expanded audience by providing an exclusive benefit for Travel Better Club members. Benefits include savings on travel-related products and services, gifts, and trip giveaways.
- Become a Sponsor. Position your company as an advocate of sustainable travel by becoming a Travel Better Sponsor. Sponsorship opportunities are still available for the Travel Better program as a whole.
For more information on Travel Better, visit www.travelbetterclub.org or contact Neota Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-720-273-2975.
Email Header Images
Include these images to promote Travel Better in your email communications. To save, right-click on the image and select “Save image as…”
To save, right-click on the image and select “Save image as…”
Travel Better Logos
Sustainable Travel International Logos
Travel Better Club Member Benefits and Special Offers
Interested in providing a special benefit to Travel Better Club members and reaching a captive audience? If you are able to provide a benefit exclusively for members of the Travel Better community, simply submit the following information in a 2-3 paragraph description that’s up to 200 words long to email@example.com.
- Company name and specialization. The name of your company and your area(s) of specialization, including the destination(s) you serve and your product and service offerings
- Travel Better member offer. Description of the special discount or offer, including instructions on how to redeem it and any restrictions (e.g., deadlines when the offer must be redeemed by if applicable, the discount code that must be mentioned)
- Commitment to sustainability. Your commitment to sustainability (e.g., how your company is actively working to benefit local people and protect the environment and local culture and heritage in the destinations you serve)
- Photography and Logo. Three (3) high resolution photos that represent the offer (note: two horizontal photos and one vertical photo works best) and a high resolution copy of your logo in a png or jpg format. To ensure your photos display properly within our template, please do not include any text overlay on the images.
- Contact information. The email address and/or phone number that members should contact if they have questions about your offer and the URL you would like us to use to link to on your website.
- Travel Agent. Also, please let us know if travel agents’ commissions are protected
- Travel Better Landing Page: http://travelbetterclub.org
Facts & Figures
- According to the World Travel and Tourism Council:
- In 2015, Travel & Tourism in total contributed US$7.2 trillion to world GDP, representing 9.8% of global GDP.
- Travel and tourism supported 284 million jobs in 2015, or 1 in 11 jobs in the world.
- Travel & Tourism grew by 3.1% in 2015 – the 6th consecutive year of positive growth for the sector.
- The sector’s contribution to GDP is forecast to grow by 3.3% in 2016.
- Travel & Tourism will outperform the global economy throughout the next decade, growing by an expected 4% on average annually over the next ten years.
- The United Nations has designated 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development.
- Leisure travelers represent 71% of the U.S. adult population (175.5 million Americans). 60% of all leisure travelers in America alone (105.3 million Americans) have taken a “sustainable” trip in the last three years. They spend significantly more (on average $600 per trip), stay longer (seven days compared to four days), and over three-fifths believe they have a great deal of responsibility for making sure their trips don’t harm a destination’s people, environment, or economy – The Role of Sustainability in Travel & Tourism, 2016