Social Media Intern
Sustainable Travel International is a non-profit organization working to improve lives and protect places through travel and tourism. By leveraging the power of travel and tourism, which employs 1 in every 10 people on the planet, we aim to ensure that communities thrive, cultural heritage is preserved, and environments are healthy for future generations. Since 2002, we’ve dedicated our efforts to minimizing the negative impacts of tourism and maximizing its positive benefits for communities, cultures, and environments. We’ve implemented programs in more than 75 countries worldwide, with a focus on regions where tourism is the leading driver of GDP.
We are seeking a fast-learning, motivated and high-performing individual to support our marketing and communications efforts. The goal of Sustainable Travel International’s Future Leaders Program (FLP) is to help the trailblazers of tomorrow gain valuable and unique hands-on work experience today with a leading sustainable tourism NGO. While this is an unpaid position, FLP placements are designed to give participants the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge to real-world projects and initiatives, providing valuable communications experience in the sustainability sphere.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2019
Position Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Required Hours: 15-25 hours per week
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Key responsibilities of the intern include:
- Assist the Marketing team on social media and digital marketing activities to maximize target audience engagement and understanding
- Conduct online research to inform social media strategy and content development, this may include researching best practices, sourcing external content and articles, and identifying relevant influencers and trends
- Write and edit engaging content for social sharing, including social media posts, blog posts, and other digital copy
- Source images and create graphics for use on social media, and assist with digital asset management
- Track and analyze social media analytics and provide recommendations to optimize social media activities
- Experience in digital marketing and using social media platforms for business purposes (particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Excellent creative writing skills and ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner
- Strong proofreading skills and keen attention to detail
- Understanding of social media metrics
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Google Docs
- Basic visual presentation and design skills
- Experience using the internet to conduct research
- Independent, self-motivated, and highly organized; ability to perform effectively in a virtual office environment
- Adept at learning new tasks and skills quickly
- Flexibility, multi-tasking capability, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with creative tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Canva a plus
Ideal candidates will be pursuing or hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or similar. Experience in the non-profit sector and a keen interest in conservation, international development, tourism, and/or sustainability is a plus. This position is a remote position; however, preference will be given to candidates located in Seattle, WA.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to Kaitlyn Brajcich at [email protected] and include “Social Media Intern” in the subject line. These documents should demonstrate your writing and presentation capability.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide two work samples and three references.