Program Manager, Climate & Resilience
Sustainable Travel International is a non-profit organization working to protect and conserve our planet’s most vulnerable destinations by transforming tourism’s impact on nature and people. By leveraging the power of travel and tourism, which employs 1 in every 10 people on the planet, we aim to ensure that communities thrive, cultural heritage is preserved, and environments are healthy for future generations. We’ve implemented programs in more than 75 countries worldwide, focusing on destinations that possess vibrant, yet sensitive natural ecosystems and cultural assets, and where tourism is a leading economic driver.
Position Title: Program Manager, Climate & Resilience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Primary Division: Climate Ranger and Carbon Neutral Destination programs
Supporting Roles: Partnership development and carbon program innovation
Location: Remote / Work From Home
Hours: Temp to Hire Full Time
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and pursued as received until August 1st.
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to lead our Climate & Resilience Development and Engagement efforts. The Program Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with prospective and current partners, and increasing carbon offsetting to support Sustainable Travel International’s mission and objectives. This is a significant opportunity for a high-performing individual to join one of the world’s leading sustainable tourism NGOs.
Primary Responsibilities: Carbon program partnership development, sales and carbon neutral destination implementation projects
Global Impact: 40%
- Lead, develop and manage Carbon Ranger/Neutral program and related implementation projects
- Collaborate with marketing on the communications about our program, including webinars, content development, and other collateral
- Manage offset providers, including running our annual diligence
- Manage assessment methodology
- Stay abreast of developments in the industry, networking, and building a presence for STI in that industry.
- Attend events on behalf of the organization
- Client Management – frequent touchpoints with existing clients
- New Business Development & networking
- Lead carbon footprint methodology and assessments
- Online carbon calculator management
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the industry
- Competitor research and benchmarking
- Tourism industry research
- Researching carbon offset projects, building/maintaining relationships with project developers, renewing quotes for carbon credits
- Support and lead the preparation and presentation of webinars related to carbon
- Set, track, and achieve strategic and programmatic goals and undertake related actions and tasks
Quality and Innovation: 20%
- Continuous improvement of Carbon program methods, systems, and marketing collateral
Financial Health: 20%
- Set and achieve assigned programmatic revenue goals and related projections
- Requesting invoices and follow up on payments
- Manage project-based expenses and provide updated projections
- Keep CRM system up to date with leads
Organizational Wellbeing: 20%
- Embrace and sustain a cause-centric and positive organizational culture
- Mentor and supervise the work of select interns
- Develop roadmaps for personal growth and job satisfaction
- Develop, improve and provide support in managing select operational systems (e.g., Google drive, CRM)
- Prepare annual strategy for Carbon program
- Prepare quarterly program strategy reviews for board meetings
- Participate in staff meetings and support meeting facilitation as needed
- Support the CEO, Finance and Marketing in other areas as needed
- A passion for travel, tourism and sustainability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success developing and implementing comprehensive departmental plans, and engaging partners and closing opportunities.
- Excellent short and long-term planning, management, and evaluation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills. Proven ability to cultivate and grow high-yield partnerships.
- An ability to motivate, inspire, innovate, and think creatively.
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- A proven ability to prioritize and multitask, and work efficiently remotely in a small team.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and familiarity with Google Docs.
- Experience using CRM systems.
- A high degree of personal initiative.
- The desire to make a significant contribution to a global organization that is making a difference.
- A minimum of 3 years of carbon offsetting experience
- Familiarity with corporate ESG as well as best practices and techniques for customer research, cultivation, solicitation, and retention.
- Advance knowledge of excel formulas, lookup functions, etc.
- Familiarity with carbon footprinting methodologies, climate finance mechanisms and climate issues.
Significant career opportunity for the right candidate.
Complete this form to apply for this position. Please include a one-page cover letter and a CV/Resume of no more than two-pages. These documents should demonstrate your writing and presentation capability. Put your last name in CAPS in the file name of any attached document.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide contact details of three references. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.