Donor Relations & Development Volunteer
Sustainable Travel International is a non-profit organization working to protect and conserve our planet’s most vulnerable destinations by transforming tourism’s impact on nature and people. By leveraging the power of travel and tourism, which employs 1 in every 10 people on the planet, we aim to ensure that communities thrive, cultural heritage is preserved, and environments are healthy for future generations. We’ve implemented programs in more than 75 countries worldwide, focusing on destinations that possess vibrant, yet sensitive natural ecosystems and cultural assets, and where tourism is a leading economic driver.
We are seeking a fast-learning, motivated and high-performing individual to support our development, donor relations and fundraising efforts. In this position, you will play an important role in building and maintaining relationships with our donors and partners, and raising funding to support Sustainable Travel International’s mission. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our planet, wants to contribute to the sustainable tourism movement, and cares about protecting destinations and strengthening communities around the world.
Our volunteer roles help the trailblazers of tomorrow gain valuable and unique hands-on work experience today with a leading sustainable tourism NGO. While this is an unpaid role, volunteers have the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge to real-world projects and partnerships, providing valuable experience in the sustainability sphere.
Please note that this is a remote position.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and pursued as received.
Position Duration: Minimum 3 months commitment
Required Hours: Minimum of 5 hours/week
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Key responsibilities of the volunteer include:
- Update, organize, and manage donor database in Kindful CRM
- Identify and research prospective donors and partners
- Research and propose strategies to improve donor outreach and engagement
- Assist with donor cultivation and respond to inquiries from prospective donors
- Copywriting and design of donor emails, collateral, and other communications
- Liaise with current donors and support the delivery of member benefits
- Draft and edit social media posts, testimonials, press releases, and other communications to recognize partnerships
- Perform general administrative tasks and other duties as requested by the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a CRM database preferred
- Experience using the internet to conduct research
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and familiarity with Google Docs
- Basic visual presentation and formatting skills
- Independent and self-motivated; ability to perform effectively in a virtual office environment
- Adept at learning new tasks and skills quickly
- Flexibility, multi-tasking capability, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in and knowledge of fundraising and donor relations
- Experience with WordPress or MailChimp a plus
Ideal candidates will be pursuing or hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, communications, nonprofit management, or similar. Experience in the non-profit sector and a passion for environmental conservation, international development, tourism, and/or sustainability is a plus.
How to Apply:
To apply for this volunteer role, please complete this form and select the “Fundraising” department. Documents submitted should demonstrate your writing and presentation capability.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.