Climate Solutions Sales Manager
Sustainable Travel International is a mission-driven organization working to protect and conserve our planet’s most vulnerable destinations by transforming tourism’s impact on nature and people. By leveraging the power of travel and tourism, we aim to ensure that communities thrive, cultural heritage is preserved, and environments are healthy for future generations. Our carbon measurement, reduction, and offset solutions, recognized as industry leading, make it simple to mitigate travel and tourism environmental footprint while also contributing to global climate action.
Position Title: Climate Solutions Sales Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Primary Division: Climate Solutions Sales Team
Supporting Roles: Business training and product development
Location: Remote / Work From Home
Hours: Full Time
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed and pursued as received until 1 December.
Start Date: January 4, 2023
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to lead our Climate Solutions Sales Manager efforts. The Sales Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with prospective and current clients, and increasing carbon offsetting sales to support Sustainable Travel International’s mission and objectives. This is a significant opportunity for a high-performing individual to join one of the world’s leading climate solutions provider for the travel industry.
Primary Responsibilities: Carbon program business development, carbon offset sales and client relations.
- Lead, develop and manage B2B carbon sales program
- Manage new inbound business leads from initial contact to close.
- Prospect new outbound business opportunities from lead stage through deal to close.
- Maintain, nurture, and grow existing relationships with current and past customers, growing repeat sales.
- Manage sales operations including maintaining sales CRM, sales data, and sales records in company Google drive
- Ensure delivery of desired sales results
Service Delivery (20%)
- Perform & support in carbon footprint assessments for clients
- Deliver on boarding training sessions for clients
Strategy and Innovation: 10%
- Continuous improvement in streamlining sales processes and automation
- Continuous improvement of product design to fit our target audience needs
- Continuous improvement of sales collaterals and training materials
- Conduct competitor research and benchmarking
- Develop and own company knowledgebase of the carbon offset industry, including:
- Research, prepare and attend business development and networking events on behalf of the organization
- Stay abreast of developments in the tourism industry, corporate travel, travel tech, carbon market and climate change.
- Represent the organization in selected speaking engagements
- Support the marketing team in the development of blog posts and social media content
Financial Health: 10%
- Manage customer accounts, including client invoicing and follow up on payments
- Working with senior leadership, develop annual sales targets aligned with company goals, and meet monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Working with senior leadership and other team members, develop quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) aligned with overall company OKRs
Organizational Wellbeing: 10%
- Embrace and sustain a cause-centric and positive organizational culture
- Mentor and supervise the work of select interns
- Develop roadmaps for personal growth and job satisfaction
- Develop, improve and provide support in managing select operational systems (e.g., Google drive, ZohoCRM)
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and report on OKRs performance and tactics
- Support the CEO, Finance and Marketing in other areas as needed
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant sales experience with demonstrated success in growing sales, engaging clients, and closing opportunities.
- Knowledge of best practices and techniques for customer research, cultivation, solicitation, and retention.
- Experience managing CRM systems.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and their Google equivalents (Sheets and Slides).
- Advance knowledge of excel formulas, lookup functions, etc.
- Understanding and some technical experience in APIs and SaaS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent relationship management skills. Proven ability to cultivate and grow high-yield accounts.
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Work from anywhere skills.
- A high degree of personal initiative.
- Ability to “manage up.”
- The desire to make a significant contribution to a global organization that is making a difference.
- An ability to motivate, inspire, innovate, and think creatively.
- High EQ, ability to listen and speak with confidence
- A proven ability to prioritize and multitask, and work efficiently in a small team
- Experience with GHG carbon accounting
- Experience with carbon offsetting
- Familiarity with corporate ESG reporting
- Travel and tourism management experience
- Proficiency in a second language
Significant career opportunity for the right candidate.
Complete this form to apply for this position. Please include a one-page cover letter and a CV/Resume of no more than two-pages. These documents should demonstrate your writing and presentation capability. Put your last name in CAPS in the file name of any attached document.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to provide contact details of three references and writing samples. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Top-five candidates will be requested to complete a background check.