Sustainable Tourism Solutions for Travelers
There are over 1 billion people traveling across the globe each year. That equates to 1 billion opportunities to support tourism as a force for good.
Tourism has enormous potential to enrich lives, strengthen communities and conserve natural resources, culture and heritage. It is our collective responsibility as travelers to support this movement by moving away from traditional tourism habits and deliberately move toward responsible, sustainable tourism.
To help you travel better, we’ve compiled a series of tips to consider when you next travel.
Before You Travel
- Pack Responsibly
- Preparing Your Home
- Study the Issues
- The Effects Mass Tourism Has Had on Developing Countries
- Learn About Your Destination
- Evaluating Responsible Tour Companies
- Explore Transportation Options
During Your Travel
- Hire Local Guides
- Support for the Local Economy
- Visiting Protected Areas
- Responsible Accommodations
- Ethical Dining
- Reuse and Recycling Tips
After You Travel
Are you looking for more ways to support tourism as a force for good? Here are a couple of options:
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter, and stay up-to-date with the latest industry news
- Make a Donation. Support the future of the people and destinations you love visit.
- Work or volunteer with us. Sustainable Travel International is a great place to broaden your resume while supporting global sustainable tourism development.