Ireland’s number one visitor attraction, Guinness Storehouse, was the first Irish business to be awarded the STEP tourism certification. Though the general building was erected at the beginning of the twentieth century, the Guinness Storehouse has only been a tourist exhibit since 2000. Guinness Storehouse came to Sustainable Travel International because of its international reputation for sustainable tourism planning and development and is looking forward to continuing its path towards stronger corporate social responsibility.
- Heat and electricity produced on St James’s Gate Brewery reduces the use of primary energy, leading to lower CO2 emissions
- Are active in the community, providing employment opportunities for locals and authentic Irish experiences for visitors
- Buy 95% of all goods and services from suppliers in the greater Dublin area
- Awarded best in the Entertainment and Leisure at 2011 Green Awards
- Reduced water usage in waterfall attraction
- All maps are made from eco-certified paper from sustainable forests
- Contracted local food suppliers for new exhibition: Guinness and Food