Sustainable Tourism Professionals Training Program
The travel and tourism industry earns $US 6 trillion and employs nearly 260 million people around the globe. Our Sustainable Tourism Professionals Training Program provides participants with the skills and information necessary to address the evolving challenges they face around sustainability and to maximize professional opportunities.Endorsed by George Washington University, our self-paced, online courses use content developed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Courses are geared for travel and tourism professionals, destinations and educational institutions of all experience levels, from entry- to executive-level.
Board of RegentsSustainable Travel International’s Board of Regents, a distinguished committee of industry leaders, provides general supervision over the quality and integrity of the program.
- Dr. Kristin Lamoureux, George Washington University, USA
- Dr. Salvador Anton, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Dr. Bob Billington, Blackstone Valley Tourism Council, USA
- Dr. Ernie Heath, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Oliver Hillel, UNEP Convention on Biological Diversity, Canada
- Dr. Bernard Lane, International Journal of Sustainable Tourism, UK
- Steve Noakes, Pacific Asia Tourism, Australia
- Keith Sproule, World Wildlife Fund, Namibia
- Michael E. Colby, Ph.D., USAID, USA (Alternate, Megan Hill, USAID, USA)