Sustainable Tourism Professionals Training Program
The travel and tourism industry earns $6 trillion, or 9.5% of the global GDP, and employs nearly 260 million people around the globe. Endorsed by George Washington University, Sustainable Travel International’s Sustainable Tourism Professionals Training Program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge necessary to address sustainability challenges, facilitate professional growth, and maximize your career opportunities in this exciting and expanding industry.
Designed with travel and tourism professionals, destinations, and educational institutions of all experience levels in mind, these cutting-edge self-paced courses offer participants an opportunity to addresses the evolving challenges and opportunities they face every day.
Course offerings utilize United States Agency for International Development (USAID) developed content. The program is available for a variety of experience levels, from entry-level to executive, and is presented in a self-paced, accessible online format.
Board of RegentsOversight for the Sustainable Tourism Professionals Training Program is provided by Sustainable Travel International’s Board of Regents. This distinguished committee of sustainable tourism thought leaders has general supervision over the quality and integrity of the program.
- Dr. Kristin Lamoureux, George Washington University, USA
- Dr. Salvador Anton, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Dr. Bob Billington, Blackstone Valley Tourism Council, USA
- Dr. Ernie Heath, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Oliver Hillel, UNEP Convention on Biological Diversity, Canada
- Dr. Bernard Lane, International Journal of Sustainable Tourism, UK
- Steve Noakes, Pacific Asia Tourism, Australia
- Keith Sproule, World Wildlife Fund, Namibia
- Michael E. Colby, Ph.D., USAID, USA (Alternate, Megan Hill, USAID, USA)