STEP: Sustainable Shore Excursions Program
Designed in partnership with Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. , Conservation International and the Cruise Lines International Association, the STEP: Sustainable Shore Excursions Program was developed specifically for tour operators, attractions, and other providers serving the cruise industry.
Featuring a set of educational tools and a globally-recognized eco-certification standard, STEP enables operators to manage a wide array of sustainability efforts, while protecting the environment, and maintaining the high standard expected of them by the market. The STEP program also provides a consistent assessment framework for cruise lines, helping to ensure the shore excursions they offer to customers are operating sustainably.
Operators who enroll in the STEP: Sustainable Shore Excursions Program are matched with the STEP Standard and criteria which best meets their needs.
Why Choose the STEP: Sustainable Shore Excursions Program?
- One-of-a-kind certification program: Designed for shore excursion operators working with cruise lines
- Reach responsible cruise passengers through differentiation as a green operator and gain a competitive advantage for land arrivals
- Best practices for bottom line impacts: Includes environmental, social and economic best practices to improve your bottom line and increase your market strength.
- Sustainability planning in critical areas like:
- Energy and carbon footprint reduction
- Water efficiencies
- Waste diversion
- Guest communications and behaviors
- System efficiencies and overall cost savings
- Learn to manage your sustainability efforts: More than just a certification standard, STEP is a practical tool for assessment, benchmarking and education
- Simple to use: easily integrates with your existing business systems, and includes full-service customer support from Sustainable Travel International
Are you ready
to tell your
Call or email Sustainable Travel International to schedule a consultation: